By definition, you have to be a sissy to be a sissy maid. It would go without saying, except that saying it is such fun! Indeed, being a sissy is the really fun part of being a sissy maid. You get to wear your pretty panties and stockings, your frilly maid uniform, the make up and wig and jewelry, and of course, the shoes. In short, you get to dress up! But the "sissy" part is only half of the sissy maid equation. The other half is, of course, the "maid" part.
Acting as a maid can give a sissy purpose. Think about it, you can dress up all you want, but if you don't go out in public, what is the purpose? Sure, it is fun to dress up and play with makeup when you are home by yourself, but the novelty can wear off. So, what can a "girl" do? She can become a sissy maid!
If you have fun dressing up, you can have just as much fun dressing up as a maid. And if you dress up as a maid, you can be an actual maid! What does a maid do? What is her purpose? Well, she does useful work serving the needs of her employer. And who is the employer of your average sissy maid? Why, her wife of course!
A sissy acting as a maid in the service of her wife has advantages for both the sissy and the wife. For one thing, a wife might not exactly be thrilled when she first discovers that her husband is a sissy. But if a wife sees advantages to herself, it can go a long way toward helping her to accept, or even encourage, the situation. An advantage for the wife (help with the housework) brings an advantage for the sissy (a wife's acceptance of cross dressing at home).
But problems can occur if the sissy leaves the "maid" out of "sissy maid". Some sissy maids seem to feel that it is enough to get dressed up in a frilly maid outfit and petticoat and prance around the house, serving her wife drinks or coffee and getting a spanking if she has been "bad". This can be frustrating to the wife because the sissy maid is pretending to be of service but she is really doing nothing useful. Even if the wife plays along with this scenario at first, it can quickly become tiresome and seem like just another household chore.
It order to avoid this, the sissy maid must actually do maid work, and do it to the standards of a true maid. She must clean the kitchen and bathrooms, and they must be spotless. She must dust, mop, vacuum and yes, do windows. The sissy maid must ask her wife what chores she wants done, and then she must do those chores to a high standard. A sissy maid's wife should come to take for granted that the maid will do any chore that she specifies, and the maid must take it for granted that she will do any chores that her wife requests.
A few suggestions for true sissy maids:
1) While you are in "maid mode", your wife is not your wife, she is your Mistress (as in the dictionary definition of "a woman who has power, authority, or ownership; a female master). Refer to her only as "Miss" and her first name. Encourage her to refer to you only with your sissy name.
2) Get a practical maid or housecleaning outfit. Sure the frilly maid outfit and the high heels are fun, but a practical maid outfit is much better for real housework. It is still fun to dress up in a practical housekeeping dress and much more useful for doing chores. It is perfectly okay to have both types of outfit for different circumstances. A good site from which to get a practical housecleaning outfit is www.tipsuniforms.com.
3) Encourage your wife (Mistress) to create task lists for you when she is going to be away from home. Then dress up and carry out each task on the list to the highest standards. If you finish the list, find other things that need to be done and keep working. Your Mistress will be very pleased when she comes home.
4) Spend time learning the best ways to carry out housekeeping chores. Visit sites such as www.housekeepingchannel.com. Keep up with the best products for different tasks and keep them stocked up in your home for when "the maid comes in".
5) Have fun! Get satisfaction from your service and for a job well done.
Do you have any other ideas for keeping the "maid" in "sissy maid"? If so, post them in the comments section for all of us sissy maids to read!